It’s that time of year again – the holiday season is upon us, and time is running out for finding gifts for your fitness-obsessed loved ones. If you have friends or family members who are into CrossFit, here are some gift ideas that they are sure to love:
- A new pair of shoes. Shoes are the ultimate essential for any athlete. And CrossFitters are notorious for always needing more shoes! Make sure to choose a shoe that is stable, comfortable, and well-fitting. Some popular brands are NoBull Trainers, Reebok Nano, Nike Metcon, and TYR CTX-1.
- A high-quality jump rope. Jump ropes are another essential piece of equipment for CrossFit. They provide a great cardiovascular workout, they’re often in WODs, and they should be individually fitted to each athlete. Look for a high-quality jump rope with comfortable handles and a smooth rotation to help them improve their double-under and other jump rope skills. Popular brands include JumpNRope, RPM, and Rogue.
- A foam roller. Foam rollers are great for improving mobility and flexibility, and they can help alleviate muscle soreness and stiffness. They’re an essential part of any athlete’s recovery process. Look for a foam roller with a textured surface and different densities to help them target different areas of the body and relieve muscle soreness. Additionally, foam rolling can help to improve blood circulation and range of motion. Best of all, it’s relatively inexpensive and easy to use, and there are tons of options on Amazon (our faves are here, here, and here). You can also buy this amazing kit from The Ready State. Want one more amazing recovery tool? The Pso-Rite gets a TON of use at Fringe.
- A new water bottle. Staying hydrated is crucial for any athlete, and a good water bottle is an essential piece of equipment. To prevent your favorite athlete from constantly running back and forth to the water fountain, consider grabbing them their own water bottle this holiday season. The options out there are endless, but we’ve always been partial to the 32 Nalgene or the 28oz Blender bottle!
- Tape. We use tape to protect our hands against the equipment elements in tons of movements. Here is a gym favorite and it comes in TONS of colors. Goat tape is another popular brand.
- Chalk and grip aid. Looking for another stocking stuffer? You can also drop a block of chalk or liquid chalk into their stocking for a little extra grip love. We also love a good bar of WOD Wax.
- A good-quality protein powder. Protein is essential for repairing muscle tissue after a strenuous workout, and CrossFitters are always looking for new ways to get their fix. A good quality protein powder is a great gift that they can use to make shakes, smoothies, or even bake with. Again, the choices are endless out there, but we love and carry Driven Nutrition protein powders at CrossFit Fringe – plus there are several great-tasting flavors!
- Mobility subscription. CrossFitters love workouts, but we also love recovery. A subscription to a site for stretches and mobility is an amazing gift to help them stay their best. We recommend GoWOD Mobility First or Pliability (formerly ROMWOD).
- Hydration Boost. We take hydration seriously, so why not offer a tasty boost to help get them to the recommended 60-80 oz. every day? Liquid IV, Nuun, and LMNT all have portable options that tuck right into the gym bag.
- A Personal Training session at their gym. A personal training session is a perfect gift for any athlete. Not only will they get expert direction on their workout routine, but they’ll also get the chance to learn new exercises and try out different equipment. Plus, a personal trainer can help them to set realistic goals and stay motivated. With so much to offer, a personal training session is an ideal way to help someone reach their specific fitness goals. If you want to purchase personal training for a loved one, we’d be more than happy to help! Just shoot us an email at [email protected]
The fitness enthusiast in your life will be thrilled to get any one of these gifts. Whether they’re just starting out or have years of experience, there’s sure be something that suits their needs! Make this holiday season the best one yet by getting them something that will help their fitness goals come true.