Fringe Winter 2020 Nutrition Challenge
It’s Nutrition Challenge time again!
Our 2020 Winter Nutrition Challenge is on the calendar, and this year we are rolling out our new nutrition platform with it! We have partnered with Nicole Marchand Aucoin, Registered Dietitian and Owner of Healthy Steps Nutrition (HSN), to provide you with even more resources, more plans, and more finely tuned systems.
Our Nutrition Coaching program is designed to provide you with an easy, science-based approach to nutrition and wellness, using simple behavior modification strategies to create positive change without the stress of “dieting.” There are many programs that will tell you what not to eat and replace food with supplements. Ours is an education and teaching program that will help you understand how and what to eat, and how to achieve your goals, one step at a time!
All-New with New Toys
And what better time to roll out this new program than with our annual Nutrition Challenge starting January 13! We will be using an all-new, awesome app throughout the challenge provided by our partners at HSN. This app is packed with great features and fingertip convenience which will help you track your food, communicate with your nutrition coach and other participants, and so much more!The goal of this year’s challenge is, of course, to mentally reset and lose some of that unwanted body fat, but it’s also so much more! We will help you to prioritize healthy eating and better habits.
You will be encouraged to:
- eat lean meats (or not if you prefer the vegan/vegetarian lifestyle!)
- add more veggies
- enjoy some fruits
- add good fats
- drink more water
- focus on recovery and stress relief
- And to have a good time!
You will be provided a meal plan, grocery lists, and a food tracker you will use to help achieve your goals. We know that the best results will come from dedication and consistency, as well as learning what personally works best for you and your long-term goals through continued experimentation.
What is included in the challenge?
- support of a personal nutrition coach through the HSN app
- biometric testing via InBody
- kickoff seminar and tips
- weekly meal plan
- grocery list
- weekly food tracker
- 3 compartment food containers for food to meal prep
- weekly informational emails and videos
- most importantly accountability
- and a whole lot of fun throughout the process
- Now through January 12: Sign up for this year’s challenge at the front desk or PushPress, or email [email protected].
- January 4: Attend the Kick-off Meeting at Noon at CrossFit Fringe.
- January 5-12: Schedule and obtain your beginning InBody exam. Receive your challenge resources and materials as well as begin communication with your Nutrition Coach Bridget.
- January 13: Challenge Begins.
- February 23-29: Schedule and obtain your completion InBody exam, discuss achievements and future goal-setting and planning.
Everyone will receive 6 tracker sheets, 1 for each week. You will track your points daily for the tasks mentioned below. At the end of each week, turn in your tracker to Bridget so she can tally up points each week.
Points possible each day:
- Tracked food – 3 points
- Post Recovery – 1 point
- Exercise – 2 points
- Stress Relief – 1 point
- 80oz water – 1 point
- 6+ hours sleep – 1 point
- Omega 3 Supplement – 1 point
- 1st place: three months of ongoing personal Wellness nutrition coaching ($375 value)
- 2nd place: one month of ongoing personal Wellness nutrition & Driven nutrition supplement ($225 value)
- 3rd place: A Gift certificate to Luckys & 10 3-compartment meal prep containers ($100 value)
$100 to participate.During your InBody scan at the end, we will sit down for a brief 10-minute discussion about how the Challenge went for you. We ask that you come with a written reflection of your thoughts regarding the Challenge including what your bright spots were, what you might have struggled with and your plans going forward to make these habits part of your lifestyle. We will send a template to help guide this reflection during the last week of the challenge. This will help guide the discussion and also add to your point total for the challenge! For those who do not choose to do the Inbody scans, we will complete this step via email.We hope that you will join us in kicking off 2020 in a positive way! We are so excited to bring this new Challenge to Fringe and look forward to working with each and every one of you. If you find that you need a one-on-one meeting during this Challenge for additional accountability, troubleshooting, or guidance, feel free to schedule a meeting through our Nutrition page on Fringe’s website. If you have questions beforehand feel free to reach out to [email protected].