Ready for some at-home CrossFit Workouts and Moving updates?
So as you guys know, next week is moving week! While we know a closed gym is no one’s ideal scenario, we still have official programming, plenty of room for friendly competition, and hopefully some meet-up opportunities to throw your way. We’ll also put out the call for moving help (thank you guys so much for all your offers of help, we’re so appreciative) on Facebook, so keep an eye out! If you haven’t yet been added to our private Facebook group, request access STAT! You can also request to be friends with me, as I will pass along anything happening as well.
So let’s dive in. The official programming for the week is first, followed by a few coach’s favorites from us, and then some more apps/resources to get your sweat on next week!
5 Minute Jog
30s Hollow body hold
30s scap only push ups
30s duck walk x 3 sets
50 Air Squats
50 Sit Ups
50 Push Ups
**Start with 5 burpees and perform 5 burpees EMOM until you complete the workout*
5 Minute jog
20s High Knees in place
20s butt kickers in place
60s rest x 3 sets
Sprint 20s All out
3:10 Rest x 8 sets
10 Minute EMOM:
1st: 30s Hollow body hold
2nd: 30s Arch Body Hold
60s jumping jacks
60s bear crawl
30s upward dog to downward dog
X 3 sets
Death by burpees
EMOM with Ascending reps each minute
Minute 1 – 1 Burpee
Minute 2 – 2 Burpees
Minute 3 – 3 burpees
…etc until you fail to complete the required # of burpees within the minute
Meet up at the park with Matt Kitzi @ 6 PM – Details + Directions to follow
5 Push Ups @20×5
5 squat jumps – as high as possible
30s high knees in place
30s upward dog to downward dog
30s jumping jacks x 3 sets
100 Ft Crab Walk
100 Ft bear Crawl
100 Ft Burpee broad jump
Rest 90s x 5 sets
Coach Favorites to try at home
- Mikey: Annie – https://wodstar.com/wods/annie-wod/
- Jessica: 10 rounds of 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 air squats
- Angelo: 100/50 Burpees for time
- Mitch Johnson: Death by burpee, rest 5 min, do the total number of burpee completed in death for time
- Colleen: 5 rounds of 10 push ups, 15 burpees, 20 box jumps, 25 air squats, 50x walking lunges and ladder (10, 9, 8…1) of squats, burpees push-ups
Additional resources and websites/apps
- Nike Training App (IOS/Android): This relatively new app from Nike has lots of body weight and at-home workouts to try.
- Awesome list of Hotel WODs by CrossFit Durham (PDF): When I traveled more for work, I was constantly referencing this PDF for WODs I could do anywhere. Bookmark it for use anytime you need a quick sweat sesh!
- Freeletics (IOS/Android): Looking for bodyweight workouts? Freeletics has more than 900 that last anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes.
- GymnasticsWOD (website): Lots of you have been asking me about my gymnastics work with Coach Stout. There are tons of movements and progressions on this website to do at home with just an open wall!
- Endure Yoga by Stephanie Ring (YouTube): Get your mobility and relaxation in for the week. I love Stephanie’s sessions because they are created with the CrossFitter in mind!
- Bob Harper’s Yoga for Warriors (Youtube): Laugh all you want. Bob took me through his Yoga for Warriors workout at a blogging conference a few weeks before I started CrossFit and I could barely walk for a week. He also did Yoga for Abs and it BURNS.
If you have any questions about the workouts, apps, or just want to holler at us about something, contact us or email [email protected]. Thank you guys so much again for all your generosity and patience with us as we move our full gym to its awesome new home!