Have your baked protein at the ready!
These Baked Meatballs are the perfect make-ahead, freezer, crowd-pleaser meal! Make in a normal or big batch so you can have some now and some later! Serve them with a variety of sauces or styles — they are a must-have to have in your freezer at all times. Be sure to watch our Recipe Index and Facebook page for more recipes!
Healthier Baked Meatballs
These Baked Meatballs are the perfect make-ahead, freezer, crowd-pleaser meal! Make in a normal or big batch so you can have some now and some later!
1 cup almond meal (or bread crumbs if preferred)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons salt and pepper
2 large eggs
1 small onion, finely chopped
⅔ cup finely chopped parsley
8 large size garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey (if you go leaner than 93%, your meatballs may have a dry texture)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- To make the meatballs, add the almond flour, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and stir together.
- Beat the eggs and stir them into the bowl.
- Stir in your parsley, onion and garlic.
- Now add your turkey and mix together just enough to get everything evenly distributed.
- Use a 1 ½-inch cookie scoop to form the meatballs (be sure the meat mixture is firmly pressed into the scoop). Place them evenly spaced on a non-stick sheet pan. (You can hand roll, but we like easy and fast)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm as part of your entree or enjoy as a standalone snack!
- YES – you can freeze these and reheat them later, so you’ve always got some prepped protein on hand!
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 9 servings (5 meatballs)
Nutrition Information: Calories 230; Total Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 5g; Protein: 30g