Love the taste of mashed potatoes?
So do we. Now, imagine having a big serving of mashed potatoes but with a quarter of the calories. How?
This easy side dish is buttery, garlicky, and so flavourful. The cauliflower has a light and fluffy texture, with a rich, nutty flavor from roasted garlic and a little butter.
It’s pure comfort food but so much healthier, and ready to eat in 30 minutes. Be sure to watch our Recipe Index and Facebook page for more recipes!
Creamy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
Imagine having a big serving of mashed potatoes but with a quarter of the calories. Now you can with creamy garlic mashed cauliflower.
1 head fresh cauliflower
1 cup chicken bone broth (240 ml)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 oz heavy whipping cream
½ tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower head into small rice-sized pieces.
- Pour 1 cup bone broth into a saucepan and the riced cauliflower.
- Add crushed garlic.
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes in saucepan until soft.
- Add cooked cauliflower back to the food processor to whip.
- Mix two ounces of heavy whipping cream and ½ tbsp butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 3 servings
Nutrition Information: Calories 170; Total Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 16g; Protein: 9g