Love the taste of mashed potatoes?
So do we. Now, imagine having a big serving of mashed potatoes but with a quarter of the calories. How?
This easy side dish is buttery, garlicky, and so flavourful. The cauliflower has a light and fluffy texture, with a rich, nutty flavor from roasted garlic and a little butter.
Creamy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
Imagine having a big serving of mashed potatoes but with a quarter of the calories. Now you can with creamy garlic mashed cauliflower.
1 head fresh cauliflower
1 cup chicken bone broth (240 ml)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 oz heavy whipping cream
½ tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower head into small rice-sized pieces.
- Pour 1 cup bone broth into a saucepan and the riced cauliflower.
- Add crushed garlic.
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes in saucepan until soft.
- Add cooked cauliflower back to the food processor to whip.
- Mix two ounces of heavy whipping cream and ½ tbsp butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 3 servings
Nutrition Information: Calories 170; Total Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 16g; Protein: 9g