Craving Healthy Mexican — Fast?
Soup is fantastic when it is cold outside, or when you want comfort food. Normally, comfort food can throw off your nutrition goals. But this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup boasts great macros while also offering a fantastic flavor. Bonus, it can be made in an Instant Pot or slow cooker. Be sure to watch our Recipe Index and Facebook page for more recipes!
30-Minute Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Fast, easy weeknight meal, and better than from a restaurant!
3 Medium Chicken Breasts
1 can of Black Beans
1 can of Tomatoes with Green Chiles
1 can of Crushed Tomatoes
½ chopped Onion
1 cup Corn
4 cups Chicken Broth
2 tsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Garlic Salt
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Non-fat Greek yogurt
- Toss all ingredients in your Instant Pot (excluding the optional toppings). Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Quick release to remove the pressure.
- Remove the chicken and shred (using a pair of forks should easily shred the chicken). Place back into the Instant pot and Stir.
- Ladle into bowls and voila – you’re ready! If you wanted those exties, add away friends.
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total: 35 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Information: Calories 282; Total Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 32g; Protein: 16g