Make your favorite restaurant-style Steak Fajitas — at HOME!
Do you get the craving for classic Tex-Mex fajitas as we do? Well just as the subheading suggests, with some skirt steak, onions, bell peppers, and basic seasoning, you can make your own fajitas at home. Served sizzling hot with fresh tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa, they are the perfect family-pleaser!
If you like these, definitely try our Taco-Stuffed Peppers recipe! Be sure to watch our Recipe Index and Facebook page for more recipes!
Enjoying this classic restaurant favorite at home is EASY! Made with strips of skirt steak, onions, and bell peppers, and served sizzling hot with fresh tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
2 limes (juice of)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 tablespoons soy sauce (divided)
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon Salt
1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
1 ½ onion powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ pounds flank steak (sliced against grain)
2-3 bell peppers (various colors, sliced)
1 white onion (sliced)
- Mix juice of 2 limes, white vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, liquid smoke, salt, chili powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a storage container.
- Place steak in the marinade and let sit overnight.; When ready to cook, dump all contents in the bottom of the instant pot or crock pot.
- Place peppers and onions on a large piece of foil Drizzle with juice of 1 lime, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and salt and pepper. Fold foil so it makes a packet. Pace foil packet on top of the steak.
- Cook in Instant Pot on high pressure for 8 minutes, with 5-minute natural release. Cook in crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When cooking is complete, remove the foil packet and dump out the liquid.; Serve with your favorite fajita toppings.
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 13 minutes (Instant Pot), 4-8 hours (Slow Cooker) | Total: 23 minutes (Instant Pot) or 4-8 hours (Slow Cooker)
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Information: Serving (1 fajita): Calories 273; Total Fat: 12g; Carbohydrates: 7g; Protein: 34g