Need a fail-proof meal prep recipe that’s super fast? — make this Slow Cooker Pork or Beef Pot Roast!
I love my Instant Pot, but there is something to be said for setting the slow cooker to low and slow in the morning and coming home to the best smells coming from my kitchen.
Slow Cooker Pork or Beef Pot Roast is one of my favorite meals, and it’s ridiculously easy. Stupid easy even. But it smells and looks like it took a lot of work, and that’s why we like to eat it often — it makes us feel like we’re actually trying.
Slow Cooker Pork or Beef Pot Roast
Slow Cooker Pot Roast is the ultimate comfort food! It’s a super hearty and deliciously flavorful meal in one pot that’s sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. This is classic, homestyle, stick to your ribs good food made with basic, real ingredients. Plus it’s the best thing to come home to, cooked and ready to eat, after a long day.
3-5 pounds of beef or pork roast (beef rump/chuck cut, or pork shoulder/butt)
1 large onion, chopped into bite-sized pieces
5 red potatoes – quartered or cut into bite-sized pieces
1 bag of baby carrots
1 cup stock (veggie, beef, chicken)
1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoon allspice seasoning (or your favorite seasoning)
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place onions in the bottom of a crock pot. Pour in 3/4 bag of baby carrots on top of the onion.
- Wash roast thoroughly and dry. Rub with yellow mustard. Place roast atop the bed of carrots and onions.
- Season roast with allspice and chili powder. Top with the remainder of the carrots and the potatoes around the sides and under the roast if it is a smaller roast.
- Mix beef stock, Worcestershire, and salt and pour on top of the roast.
- Cook low and slow for 1.5 hours per pound.
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 8 hours | Total: 8 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Information: Serving (1 bowl): Amount Per Serving (300g): Total Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 18g; Protein: 26g