Are you ready to meet your new favorite chili recipe?
This recipe is infamous in our circle of friends. If we have a party, people ask if we’re making it before they agree to show up and if we’re invited to a party, people invite us under the condition that we make it. I’ve become a master at balancing the Crock Pot on my lap in the car.
Made with tender chicken breasts, buttery white beans, and creamy chicken broth, this healthy comfort food is easy to make and extremely popular for a reason!
This is definitely a HOT and SPICY recipe, coming from Neil and me, who consider ourselves not only fans of spicy food but people with a decent threshold. If you want spicy, but maybe a little less spicy, omit the can of jalapeno peppers. You’ll still get the spice, but it won’t burn your face off, or leave you with killer heartburn.
Spicy White Chicken Chili
Flavorful White Chicken Chili made with hearty beans, tender chicken, and a rich and creamy broth in effortless crockpot style.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3 (15-ounce) cans white beans
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Brown the garlic with oil in a saucepan and throw in the chicken chopped in slices or pieces. Cook until done and set aside.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients with the cooked chicken/garlic into the crock pot and cook on low for at least 5 hours (6-8 hours preferred).
- Slowly stir in the cheese until melted. Serve warm.
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 6-8 hours | Total: 6-8 hours
Yield: Makes 6-8 servings