Fringe Winter 2021 Nutrition Challenge
Who is ready to kick 2020 goodbye?!
I know we are and to celebrate we will again be doing our Annual Nutrition Challenge after the New Year! Our Nutrition Coaching program is designed to provide you with an easy, science-based approach to nutrition and wellness, using simple behavior modification strategies to create positive change without the stress of “dieting.” There are many programs that will tell you what not to eat and replace food with supplements. Ours is an education and teaching program that will help you understand how and what to eat, and how to achieve your goals, one step at a time!
It’s Nutrition Challenge time again!
What better way to kick-start 2021 with our annual Nutrition Challenge starting January 18! Like last year, we will be using the awesome app throughout the challenge provided by our partners at HSN. This app is packed with great features and fingertip convenience which will help you track your food, communicate with your nutrition coach and other participants, and so much more!
And to spice things up this year, we have partnered with Lean Kitchen, Fretboard Coffee, and Root Cellar! These businesses will help bring you ideas for eating healthy while also supporting our local community.The goal of this year’s challenge is, of course, to mentally reset after a crazy year, but it’s also so much more! We will help you to prioritize healthy eating and better habits. You will be encouraged to:
- eat lean meats (or not if you prefer the vegan/vegetarian lifestyle!)
- add more veggies
- enjoy some fruits
- add good fats
- drink more water
- focus on recovery and stress relief
- And to have a good time!
What is included in the challenge?
- Support of a personal Nutrition Coach through the HSN App
- Biometric testing via InBody
- Kickoff seminar and tips
- Weekly meal plan
- Grocery list
- Weekly food tracker
- 3 compartment food containers for food to meal prep
- Weekly informational emails and videos
- Most importantly accountability and a whole lot of fun throughout the process
- Now through January 18: Sign up for this year’s challenge online at the front desk, or email [email protected]
- January 2: Attend the Virtual Kick-off Meeting at Noon via zoom or Facebook live through CrossFit Fringe group. Details will be released in a Facebook event.
- January 3-17: Schedule and obtain your beginning InBody exam. Receive your challenge resources and materials as well as begin communication with your Nutrition Coach Bridget.
- January 18: Challenge Begins!
- March 1-7: Schedule and obtain your completion InBody exam using the link below, discuss achievements and future goal-setting and planning.
Everyone will receive 6 tracker sheets, 1 for each week. You will track your points daily for the tasks mentioned below. At the end of each week, turn in your tracker to Bridget so she can tally up points each week.
Points possible each day:
- Tracked food – 3 points
- Post Recovery – 1 point
- Exercise – 2 points
- Stress Relief – 1 point
- 80oz water – 1 point
- 6+ hours sleep – 1 point
- Omega 3 Supplement – 1 point
- 1st place: three months of ongoing Personal Wellness Nutrition Coaching ($375 value)
- 2nd place: one month of ongoing Personal Wellness Nutrition & Driven Nutrition Supplements ($225 value)
- 3rd place: Gift certificates to our partners Lean Kitchen, Fretboard Coffee, and Root Cellar ($75 value)
$100 to participate.During your InBody scan at the end, we will sit down for a brief 10-minute discussion about how the Challenge went for you. We ask that you come with a written reflection of your thoughts regarding the Challenge including what your bright spots were, what you might have struggled with and your plans going forward to make these habits part of your lifestyle. We will send a template to help guide this reflection during the last week of the challenge. This will help guide the discussion and also add to your point total for the challenge! For those who do not choose to do the Inbody scans, we will complete this step via email.We hope that you will join us in kicking off 2021 in a positive way! We are so excited to help you bring new focus and light to 2020, and be your support system after a difficult year. If you find that you need a one-on-one meeting during this Challenge for additional accountability, troubleshooting, or guidance, feel free to schedule a meeting through our Nutrition page on Fringe’s website. If you have questions beforehand feel free to reach out to [email protected].