Addicted to those Starbucks/Coffee Shop Breakfast goodies?
Of course, you are, Starbucks Egg Bites are delicious! Did you know you could make a copycat version at home and not only save money but customize your own batch in 15 minutes or less?
I’ll let you recover from the shock of delight you are likely feeling right now.
That’s right, you can make these Starbucks “copycat” fast and easy egg bites in just 15 minutes! Customize your added toppings, veggies, and additional protein within the same batch, and simply reheat!
This is a quick recipe that has minimal ingredient needs and requires an Instant Pot as well as egg mold. We like this egg mold from Amazon for being inexpensive and high quality.
If you like this, definitely try our Sunrise Breakfast Burritos recipe! Be sure to watch our Recipe Index and Facebook page for more recipes!
Egg Bites On-the-Go
Talk about an easy recipe that makes mornings better – what we’ve got for you is a twist on the classic breakfast egg. The sky is literally the limit with these!
1.5 cups beaten eggs (or egg whites)
Choice of: added protein(s), veggie(s), and topping(s)
- Begin by taking your molds and coating them with a nonstick spray like olive oil. The better you coat them the easier the clean-up will be.
- 1 egg bite mold holds approximately 1.5 cups of egg mix + some added ingredients of your choosing and makes 7 egg bites. If you want to add spices now is the time so they’re evenly distributed through the egg bite. Make sure to thoroughly mix your eggs for an even consistency as well. Personally, we like the half and half mix of whole eggs plus egg whites to keep the calories down a bit, while keeping the protein high
- Fill your egg molds to just over halfway with the egg mix and then add any other ingredients you want. Turkey sausage, spinach, bell pepper, onion, mushroom – there’s no limit to what you can add!
- Optional – if you like shredded cheese, it’s best to add a small amount at the end on the top of the mix. PRO-TIP Do NOT overfill your mold though! Make sure you fill to roughly 3/4 when it’s all said and done. Otherwise, you’ll wind up with a BIG mess, take it from us.
- Add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot. And using your IP trivet, insert the stacked, filled molds with lids into the pot
- Set the timer to 10 mins on high pressure- allow to naturally release for up to 5 mins.
- Remove the molds, take off their lids, and flip them over to allow them to cool and release from the molds
- Voila! Egg bites are ready! Best within 5 days from the fridge or freeze and enjoy anytime. To reheat using the microwave it takes 60 seconds from the fridge for 3 bites or roughly 90 seconds from frozen – this Copycat Instant Pot Starbucks Egg Bites On-the-Go recipe can literally be amended in as many ways as you can think of! Our base is the egg/egg whites. From there you can chop/slice/dice and add nearly anything you want to the mix.
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Information: Varies based on ingredients, using egg whites only and ¼ cup turkey sausage; Calories 185; Total Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 3g; Protein: 30g