What’s not to love about an effortless buffalo chicken recipe!?
You will never find an easier meal to make than these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. They will quickly become your meal prep staple because they are easy to prep in pieces and is packed with protein and complex carbohydrates. Plus who can resist tangy shredded chicken is stuffed into tender sweet potatoes and then finished off with your favorite toppings. Trust me, if you’ve never had this combo it is SO GOOD.
- Chicken Breast – feel free to use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts if you prefer.
- Sweet Potatoes – don’t love sweet potatoes? regular russet potatoes or Japanese sweet potatoes will also work well in this recipe.
Also, Did you know buffalo sauce is insanely easy to make? Try it!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
You will never find an easier meal to make than these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. Plus, who can resist tangy shredded chicken stuffed into tender sweet potatoes and then finished off with your favorite toppings. Trust me, if you’ve never had this combo it is SO GOOD.
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 lb shredded chicken (Rotisserie or easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken works!)
6-8 ounces buffalo sauce
sea salt, to taste
olive oil, to taste
Bleu Cheese Crumbles (Optional)
Green onions (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Poke holes on all sides of the sweet potatoes with a fork. Rub with olive oil and season the skin with sea salt.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45-60 minutes or until soft to the touch.
- In the meantime, place your shredded chicken in a bowl and add your favorite store-bought buffalo sauce, then toss to combine.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 F if you need to reheat your chicken. Once the sweet potatoes have cooled slightly, slice them lengthwise (going only about ¾ of the way through the potato) and expose the flesh.
- With a fork, gently lift and fluff the flesh from the bottom and sides of the sweet potatoes.
- Fill the sweet potato with the buffalo chicken mixture, then place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes to warm the chicken through, if needed.
- Remove from the oven and add your favorite toppings.
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 45-60 minutes | Total: 60 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings.