Ready for a delicious tried and true recipe from a fellow Fringie?
Need a fast meal-prep recipe? Try these quick and easy make-ahead Garlic Shrimp and Veggie Bowls from Erica Shadwell Mitchell that are easy and feel fancy with tender shrimp, zucchini, bell peppers, and onion tossed in a garlic butter sauce.
Erica has been a ROCKSTAR in 2022. A winner of our Annual Nutrition Challenge, a busy teacher, and an amazing friend and support system to so many, she’s the picture of resilience, consistency, and navigating her best nutrition and fitness with a busy lifestyle. She is always a supportive ear and has great ideas like these to help others find success and an easier time with lessons she’s come away with on her own journey.
We LOVE when you all share your tried and true recipes with us because we love to share your experiences and wisdom with others on the journey to their best health and wellness.
- Erica recommends buying the 2-lb. frozen bags of shrimp at Sam’s Club or Costco because it comes already cleaned, de-tailed, and ready to go!
- If you love zucchini, we’ve never found it better than the Columbia Farmer’s Market.
Like this recipe?
Garlic Shrimp and Veggie Bowls
Garlic shrimp and veggie bowls are a quick and easy make-ahead meal that is incredibly delicious. The tender shrimp, fresh vegetables, and garlic butter sauce make this recipe irresistible to repeat.
3 tablespoons butter or ghee
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds medium shrimp, tails removed, peeled, and deveined
salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 whole bell peppers, diced
2 medium zucchinis, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet and melt over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp is pink. Add garlic and cook for one more minute. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet and sauté bell pepper, onions, and zucchini, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes if you like your veggies tender or 2 minutes more to be softer.
- Add shrimp back to the skillet. Stir everything well to combine.
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes | Total: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings for a meal or if you’d like to use it for meal prep, place an even amount of shrimp and veggies.
Nutrition Information: Serving (1 bowl): Calories: 228kcal; Carbohydrates: 11g; Protein: 30g; Fat: 14g (22%)