Need a Quick Gluten-Free Breakfast Option?
If you need a healthy grab-and-go option to start your morning, these gluten-free breakfast cookies are amazing. These cookies are simple to make, and it is super easy to adjust the recipe to fit your family’s tastes. Don’t think you have to save these for breakfast either, they are great as a quick snack or dessert!
Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies
A highly customizable, make-ahead, breakfast option! This recipe is as versatile as your imagination!
1 cup mashed bananas ~2 large bananas (could also substitute unsweetened applesauce)
1/3 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew, tahini)
1/4 cup honey (or pure maple syrup)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/4 cups gluten-free quick oats
1/4 cup raisins (or craisins, dried blueberries, or even dried cherries)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the nut butter, honey, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips, dried fruit, and gluten-free oatmeal and mix all ingredients together.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of the mix onto a greased cookie sheet and flatten the tops slightly. Cookies will not rise or spread as they bake.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool and store in an airtight container or freeze in a freezer bag. Cookies can be frozen for up to three months.
Note: You can make your own quick oats at home – measure 2 cups of whole oats and pulse them about five times in your food processor or blender.
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 16 servings
Nutrition Information: Calories 145; Total Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 21g; Protein: 4g